Sales Associate Job Description
The Fulton Stall Market is a marketplace for local foods connecting farmers and producers with the growing Lower Manhattan community. Located in the historic district where the City's markets began in the 1700's, it's a first step toward development of a year-round indoor public market for NYC featuring local products and educational programming celebrating the Seaport District's vibrant market history.
The Sales Associate works as part of a team that has developed the nonprofit Fulton Stall Market Association, Inc. The Associate is responsible to staff the Fulton Stall Market, an Indoor Farmers Market shop open daily from 11:30-6:00 pm. Shift hours to be determined.
The Sales Associate position is responsible for:
- Greeting and interacting with customers
- Being familiar with shop products and their supplies from small producers and farmers
- Selling items and utilizing ShopKeep POS system
- Maintaining appearance and cleanliness of shelved items
- Receiving, entering and shelving new inventory
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Ability to function both as a team member and independently
- Familiarity and interest in farmers markets and local food
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A high level of maturity, motivation and initiative
- Familiarity with Point of Sale Systems like Shopkeeper
Stop by with your resume the week of September 18, 2017 between 11 and 6 at Fulton Stall Market, located at 91 South Street. Or email your resume to email@example.com.