Learn how to make traditional northern Chinese dumplings from scratch!
About this Event
Traditionally a festival only delicacy, Jiaozi, or commonly known as Chinese dumpling, is always shared among family members or a large group of people, making it one of the perfect party dishes. Siyu, the instructor of the workshop, loves to share his dumpling making skills he learned from home with his friends and colleagues, and he also makes it one of his go-to team-building activities.
What you will learn in this workshop: This is going to be the "no-frills, all skills" experience where you will be learning how to make Northern Chinese dumplings at home from scratch, which includes:
· How to make your own dough and how to roll those wraps (which is better than any “premium-quality” wraps bought from store.)
· Siyu’s personal recipes for stuffing which he thinks beat his parents’.
· “The easiest way” to wrap the dumplings, “an efficient way” to wrap them, and more creative ways where your imagination might help us expand our horizon.
· How to fry and boil them.
· How to store the extra dumplings for future meals.
· … and MORE!
At the end of the workshop, we will be enjoying our own creations so bring your culinary curiosity along, have some great food and a lot of fun!
Note on Dietary Restriction: Pork and Chive, Egg and Chive (Vegetarian) will be served as stuffing but other recipes will be provided. The dumplings are NOT gluten-free.